Scriptmakers provides an extensive database for mostly German-speaking script writers and some English mother tongue writers as well. As a producer, you have the chance to find the appropriate writers for your assignments – be it experienced pros or promising newcomers – in a very short time and involving minimal bureaucratic effort.
HOW DOES IT WORK FOR ME AS PRODUCER?
- Registration: You apply for access and accept the contractual conditions. Once we have reviewed your information we will unlock the access to the database for you. Larger companies can apply for up to 5 separate logins.
- Now you can research in the writers’ database by yourself. You can use neatly arranged filters and tags (about matching genres, formats or special writing techniques) that will lead you to the appropriate writers. You can then view their profiles and contact the writers you are interested in directly. Please restrict your making contact in such a way that it does not grow into a hidden submission call. In our general business terms we have set the limit to up to five writers per project. In the interest of being fair, writers should always know where they are at when they are aproached directly: Am I one of the few that are being considered – or one of many?
- In case you want to reach a larger group of writers or simply want to be surprised by writers you may not have thought of contacting, you can place a submission call. You have the option to remain anonymous and let us do the job for you. Additionally, you can engage the services of our readers and script consultants.
- Here, you will find the answers to frequently asked questions.
SERVICES AND FEES
|Small Companies(less than five staff members)Registration Fee 50 €(plus 19% VAT)||Big Companies(five staff members and more) Registration Fee 100 €(plus 19% VAT)|
|Number of logins||1||up to 5|
|Own profile visible for other users||No||No|
|Contacts to Writers per project||up to 5||up to 5|
|Place Submission Calls for Writers (Fees: see below)||Yes||Yes|
|Standard fees for submission calls (negotiable)|
|base fee||250,00 € plus VAT advance payment upon beginning of our contract.
250,00 € plus VAT upon delivery of writers’ applications
|agency commission||250,00 € plus VAT upon successful connection with writer
250,00 € – 5.000,00 € plus VAT bonus payment upon successful financing of the filming of the project written by this writer (8,5 % of writers’ fee, on top)
|low budget projects||payment may be negotiated and (partially) postponed|
|scriptreader’s service||After a call for submissions, you can ask us for assistance in reading and sorting through scripts and pitches. The price depends on the amount and is negotiable.|
- Our system does not allow you to place a submission call by yourself. Talk to us, we will make you an offer, and do it for you.
- If you place a submission call, you will not only reach writers who have an online-profile already but also hundreds of other writers who have subscribed to our Newsletter mailing list. We also reach out to the community via our social media channels.
- Other producers cannot view your submission calls.
- The phrasing of a submission call should obey certain standards (as to information concerning the state of the project, the fee and the timeline of production). In the interest of the participating writers we will help you phrase your requests as clearly as possible.
- As a rule, we appreciate the fair payment of our writers.